Take a few days off and look what happens. All I can say is that its about time.
From The Truth About Guns: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/robert-farago/breaking-texas-constitutional-carry-heading-for-the-house/
April 17, 2017
Rachel Malone, founder of Texas Firearms Freedom (and TTAG Gun Hero of the Day), tells us that Open Carry remains stuck in development hell. The Chairman of the Homeland Security and Public Safety Committee has decided not to allow HB 375 out of committee despite . . .
hours of testimony in favor of the bill and a petition with 75k signatures calling for its enactment. HB 375 says if you’re qualified to possess a gun you’re qualified to carry it.
Instead, State Rep Phil King, former captain in the Fort Worth Police Department, is pushing HB 1911. A bill that allows a mnore restricted form of Constitutional Carry. Specifically, a Texan who wants to carry a firearm without a license must . . .
1. Be a legal resident of the state for six months
2. Be at least 21 years of age
3. Not a convicted felon
4. Not be CHARGED with a class A or B misdemeanor, equivalent or higher offense, or an offense of “disorderly conduct” within the past five years which includes
– “abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language” that is inciteful
– “offensive gestures” that are inciteful
– creating, by chemical means, a noxious and unreasonable odor in a public place
– threatening someone in an offensive manner
– unreasonable noises
– fighting in public
– discharging a firearm in public other than a range
– display of a firearm “in a manner calculated to cause alarm”
– discharging a firearm on a public road
– exposing your anus or genitals in public where someone might be offended or alarmed
Click here for Open Carry Texas’ comparo of the two bills. Ms. Malone urges anyone who supports unfettered Constitutional Carry to call Rep. Phil King’s office at 512-463-0738 and ask him to vote HB 375 out of committee immediately.
Complete article at: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/robert-farago/breaking-texas-constitutional-carry-heading-for-the-house/