From America’s 1st Freedom: http://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2015/12/31/abusing-government-watch-lists-how-freedom-dies/
by Marshall Lewin
Thursday, December 31, 2015
By now, you’ve heard and read about the schemes proposed by everyone from President Barack Obama to U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., that would ban firearms sales to anyone on the so-called “Terror Watch List.”
And as you probably already know, Republican leaders—and some, but not enough, Democrats—oppose this reckless and dangerous policy, because it violates:
- the principle of due process under the law, a foundation of American jurisprudence;
- the notion of “innocent until proven guilty;”
- the right to hear any charges and confront any witnesses against you;
- the right to an open trial by a jury of your peers; and
- the very rule of law upon which this nation was founded.
What you may not know is just how profoundly this scheme endangers not just your Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, but also the fundamental premise of freedom that’s woven through every fiber in the fabric of the Bill of Rights.
Because if government can deny your Second Amendment rights on nothing more than rumors, suspicions, anonymous accusers and unspecified charges—it can deny every right we enjoy as Americans.
“What process is afforded a U.S. citizen before they go on that [terror watch] list?” Gowdy asked, to which Burriesci answered, “I’m sorry, um, there’s not a process afforded the citizen prior to getting on the list …”